How you can help
The Services to the Armed Forces (SAF) is interested in finding volunteers who are willing to reserve at least one day a week/month to support the SAF Program.
Types of volunteering available:
Military Entrance Processing Center (MEPS)
- Stuff envelopes & prepare to-go boxes w/ brochures & pens, etc.
- Provide 1 – 3 briefings one (or more) days a week about the Red Cross Emergency Communications, have the recruits complete a form, address an envelope. (expect to be there from 1 to 4 hours)
Emergency Communication Follow-up
- Contact families and determine if the families had a good red cross experience and find out if there are additional services that the Red Cross can provide.
Service to the Armed Forces Newsletter & website articles
- Gather SAF information & stories from the regional chapters to submit for our Regional SAF Website.
Yellow-Ribbon & Family Events
- We are looking for volunteers who may have weekends free and would be interested in providing a 10 – 15 minute briefing about Emergency Communications. Prepare and display an information table. These events occur on Saturdays about 1 to 2 times per month. Hours usually last from 8am to 4:30 pm.
Drivers for veterans to/from appointments at Veterans Medical Clinics & Hospitals
- We are creating a list of potential volunteers who may be interested in being a driver for veterans to/from the veteran’s medical clinic and hospital. This would be a one (or more) days per week commitment. This is a program we are currently developing and may not be able to put into service for a few months. However, we’d like to be able to find out the interests for volunteers.
Please contact Robin Callahan via email at if you are interested to hear more.